Looking for a workout routine that will help you shed some pounds and is fun and easy to stick with? Then you should try the Zumba workout! Zumba is a popular workout that is all about dancing, moving and having fun. Because this workout is more like a fun party than a regular boring exercise routine, more and more people are trying it.
Zumba is so popular it has even been adopted by many celebrities. Celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez, Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Halle Berry, Toni Braxton, and Shakira are known to include Zumba classes in their workout.
Founded by choreographer Alberto “Beto” Perez in the 90s, the Zumba dance fitness program involves various different dance forms such as mambo, salsa, hip-hop, soca, samba along with martial arts, squats, lunges and other aerobic elements. More than 10 million people across the globe take Zumba classes which are generally an hour long. It is also practiced in swimming pools, known as Aqua Zumba.
Why you should try Zumba Fitness
- If you’re looking to get into shape without committing to tedious workouts, you should join Zumba workout classes. When you are doing Zumba, you don’t need to do anything else to lose weight and keep it away because of its effectiveness.
- Zumba helps you burn those extra calories because it’s a low-pressure yet high energy workout. However, the dance moves are actually bio-mechanically designed so that the workout targets almost every part of your body including your arms, shoulders, chest, back, abs, core, legs, hips and thighs.
- The Zumba workout can help you burn fat faster than most other workouts. One quick 20 minute routine is so effective in burning calories and raising your metabolism that it can keep you feeling refreshed for the rest of the day. One hour of Zumba dance workout can even burn up to 1000 calories.
- Zumba dance helps to improve the blood circulation in every part of the body which also helps burn fat and keep the metabolic rate high.
What to wear to Zumba workouts
- Anything casual can be worn that allows you to move around comfortably. It’s all about the movement and having fun.
- You should wear whatever suits your personality so that you start feeling good instantly, even before hitting the floor.
- There is also a range of fitness gear designed for high energy workouts and free movements such as Zumba workout shirts, pants, and shoes.
How to get started and get into the Zumba workout routine
- You don’t need to be a dancer to hit the Zumba dance floors. Just feel the music and move!
- Zumba offers different levels and options; therefore it is suitable for all ages. People from all age groups can join Zumba.
- If it gets difficult to follow along, all you need to do is keep moving. Any movement is better than no movement at all. Everyone has a unique style, you just need to stick to it and will eventually get it.
- What you learn in the Zumba classes can even be taken to the dance floors at clubs as it incorporates popular music and dance moves.
All told, Zumba is one of the best workout routines to help you get rid of your extra weight faster because it converts the boring workout session into care-free, high-energy fun. Zumba is entertaining and just makes you feel good. It’s great for your body can be an integral part of a healthy lifestyle.